CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Coach Trip

last Sunday I took a step into the unknown ...... and went on a coach trip!!

I saw the day trip advertised localy and as it was going to Southampton I decided to take the oppourtunity to visit my two eldest sons, who now live there.

I will admit, I was somewhat dubious about taking the trip, coach trips conjure up images of the little old grannies to me. But I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised! I travelled with a local company Barnes Travel . The coach collected me from a stop a mere 10 minute walk from home, had a wide range of pick up points to choose from and arrived in plenty of time. The coach was lovely and clean, the driver cheerful and courteous, a miracle in itself in this day and age!! The journey down was smooth and trouble free, and I found it very relaxing and enjoyable.

After a day spent shopping, visiting old haunts and visiting Mikes new college, we headed for home again. the coach turned up early, giving everyone ample time to get on, get settled and comfortable before we set off.

All in all, it was a superb day out and the coach travel, far from being a nightmare as I had feared, was a wonderful start and end to the day. I will absolutely do it again, and am even looking for other trips they are running... you never know I could come to visit you next ;)

2 comments:

The Life of a Paed Heart Transplant Recipient said...

I'm glad that you had a good day. I did one a few years back on the run up to Christmas. We went shopping in London, saw the Christmas lights and then had a trip on the London Eye included in the price. Was a lovely day out.

kaybee352000 said...

Im moving ;-) xx