CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Heartbreaking and so unfair

I am in an odd situation tonight, in that I really don't know what to say. Little Zoe Chambers, who hit the headlines here in the UK last summer when in need of a heart transplant, was lucky enough to get that call, and in June 2007 she got her heart. A year on papers rejoiced with her as she celebrated. Now just over two weeks later comes the news that she has died.

What can anyone say? She had more than a year of life that she nearly didn't get at all. yet at just two years of age she has gone.

I am so glad she had that year, that her parents now have amazing memories of their beautiful little girl being a normal little girl. But I really cannot help breaking my heart tonight in sorrow at her loss.

Thinking of the Chambers family, wishing so much that things were different :(

2 comments:

The Life of a Paed Heart Transplant Recipient said...

I too was shocked when I read this news. As you have rightly said, that year did give her the chance to be a normal little girl.

Sleep well little one. My thoughts are with your parents

Bev x

Posh Totty said...

so sad :o(