CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A hair experiment

My hair is quite simply a mess, to the point that if I don't wash and condition it every day, it ends up turning into a kind of super strength spiders web, made of wire. I did a little research and it seems that for the sake of a little, erm, inconvenience and damage to my vanity, I can have the most amazing hair!! this is how it works ... I don't shampoo my hair .... ever ever again. Sounds gross doesn't it. But its not quite as gross as it initially sounds. Please not I didn't say I wasn't washing my hair, I said not shampooing it. Instead I am to use natural ingredients, but at the same time, wash my hair alot less. So four days ago was the last time I used shampoo, indeed to give the old oil glands a chance, I haven't even washed it. Its not been too bad, but had got a little more greasy than I like. So I have just tried the first 'natural' wash. I started with Bicarbonate of Soda, dissolved in warm water. I tipped this over my head, then massaged it well into my scalp. This, apparently stimulates the sebum glands, which produces the oil that is your hairs natural cleaner ... after rinsing in lukewarm water, I smothered my hair in ..... Honey. Yes good old fashioned, cheaper than frozen chips, bog standard honey. Eugh? Well, you'd think so wouldn't you? You'd think that it would just turn your head into a big sticky mess, that wouldn't wash out. Wrong!! It goes on well, and after leaing it to work its magic for a few minutes, it washed out very easily. Final touch was the rinse, made up of lukewarm water and apple cider vinegar. My first thought about the vinegar was that I didn't want to smell like a chip shop, but actually it really doesn't smell , well not once its rinsed out with fresh water. Hairs not dried yet, trying to avoid hairdryer too, but feels very clean and soft. We will see if it works, its kinda scary too. Have become so reliant on the chemical stuff that such a radical change seems weird. Still time will tell if it works. watch this space for updates!!!

3 comments:

Dan said...

My mum used to wash her hair with honey and vinegar once every month or so to "replenish" it...

Good luck - it sounds, er, lovely ;)

Shelly said...

Im sorry to bother you here, but I need to speak with you about a past blog post an open letter. Can you please email me and delete this comment. I really need some advice. My email is awesomefamilyoffour@gmail.com

Em's way said...

Shelley, I will not email you. I am not the least bit interested. If, as indicated in previous emails from various family members and friends, you or anyone else consider her to be a danger, then I suggest, yet again, that instead of trying to re-open this can of stinking, rotten worms, you do the sensible, responsible thing and contact the relevant authorities who actually CAN help. Thank you